12.12.2007

Danielle Babin creates a future for street kids in Africa

Like a lot of twenty-somethings, Danielle Babin loves to travel. But unlike most of her generation, you won’t find Danielle sipping on martinis at an all-inclusive. After visiting more than 20 countries, Danielle’s passport credentials would make most parents cringe.

At the tender age of 17, Danielle journeyed to Haiti in order to volunteer on a humanitarian project. “I wanted to do something good and so my first mission in Haiti taught me a lot.”

She adds, “I always thought travelling was my passion, but a priest made me notice that it’s not the case. I love helping people. I don’t like resorts or cruises or modern countries. I need to get out there and help others.” Since then, Danielle has been a part of over 18 different international development projects in over 22 different countries. (here nb)